MCI Approved Medical Universities in Kazakhstan for MBBS Study
The Medical Council of India (MCI) has decided not to issue eligibility certificates to medical aspirants seeking admission to MBBS or postgraduate medical courses from Kazakhstan universities.
We provide here the complete list of countries’ with MCI Recognized MBBS/BDS Courses for Indian Students. The medical students of India holding a foreign MBBS degree will be now be able to work in India without appearing for any tests as per the proposal sent by the Union health ministry to MCI.
As things stand, any student aspiring to study in a foreign medical university has to get an eligibility certificate from the MCI. This is mandatory should the student intend to return to India upon successful completion of his/her MBBS programme and commence medical practice in India.
However, thousands of Indian doctors, who completed their medical degrees abroad, are failing en masse for the past four years in clearing the mandatory screening test that allows them to practice in India. Only 21 per cent (around one in five) students who received foreign medical degrees and appeared in the screening test qualified in 2012. In 2011 and 2010, only 26 per cent medical students qualified, while the corresponding figure was only 16.2 per cent in 2009.
List of MCI Approved Medical Colleges in Kazakhstan
- Astana Medical University Kazakhstan
- Chimkent State Medical Colleges
- Karaganda State Medical Colleges
- Karaganda State Medical University
- Kazakh National Medical University
- Kazakh State Medical Colleges
- Kazakh-Russian Medical Colleges
- Semei State Medical Colleges
- Semey State Medical University
- Semipalatinsk State Medical Colleges
- West Kazakhstan Marat Ospanov State Medical University